Did My Brain Fall Out?

Haven't we all asked ourselves this question? There are days I am quite sure my brain did fall out - I can barely put one foot in front of the other and I forget everything. I know you can relate!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Dear Body



Dear Body,

Dear Body, Why must you hate me so?   I find it hard to respect you when you are falling apart around my...everything   This relationship should be one of give and take Yes, you give, I take   So when did this contract come to an end? Is this your idea of a passive-agressive break-up? A long, drawn out divorce?   Is it the years of neglect? All those years I treated you like the geeky boy next door? the one who I thought would always love me? The Plan B-fall-back-guy?   Is it the years of junk-food? How I craved Doritos and Devil Dogs Instead of strawberries and water? Instead of fiber and whole grains? Come ON You know that stuff tastes like shit   Is it the years of abuse? Staying up too late? Sleeping too late? Getting up too early? Closing the bar at 4am?
Not sleeping at all?
 
Well, I guess now's your time for revenge!
haha!
It's not funny
 
I lotion and exercise (kind of, I know)
And this is what I get:
            Creaky joints
                        A back that sticks when I get up first thing
                                            so i look like a caricature of an old man    
                        hovering closer to the floor than the ceiling.
            Skin that hangs in places better left unsaid
Wrinkles on my hands and face
    eyes that don't see too well anymore
        in general, nothing works like it used to
 
 
God says to forgive - so please forgive me for the
junk food
neglect
abuse
 
I have at least 60 more years,
so be
gentle
with
me
 
Love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment