Did My Brain Fall Out?

Haven't we all asked ourselves this question? There are days I am quite sure my brain did fall out - I can barely put one foot in front of the other and I forget everything. I know you can relate!

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Missing

I miss my nana. This isn't her, it's a random birthday card I saw (and am probably breaking many copyright laws) but the picture is spot on, although I don't think she would have worn that dress. Nana always looked like she was off to the racetrack, so the dress in this picture is a little understated for her taste.  The only thing missing is a cigarette and a glass of champagne in a Waterford flute. 

I miss my aunt. I miss all of those who I have lost...Obviously I am feeling melancholy. Hang on, let me turn on "Whinestone Cowboy" ;) 

Amazing how one picture can remind you of so many things....family parties fueled by champagne for the ladies, dads in awful paisley shirts, nana's fab shoes and the warm feeling that, no matter what, you were loved, by all 423 people (hyperbole alert) in my loud, chaotic family.

Yeah. Hi nana! 

No comments:

Post a Comment